The coming months will decide if the Iranian regime can be deterred from acquiring nuclear weapons capability. STB and MFFB are requesting that European governments impose strong and smart sanctions. Since the crackdown of Iran's pro-democracy demonstrations, it has been made abundantly clear: Sanctions do help the opposition. Diplomacy alone will not break the determination of the Iranian regime from obtaining nuclear weapons. But well targeted sanctions will strengthen the Iranian democratic opposition and will help it to prevail against the present regime of terror.
We are in the process of organizing a second international conference on November 28th and 29th, 2009 in Berlin (the first Iran conference took place in May 2008 in Berlin). In this crucial phase, we intend to invite international experts who will strongly focus on the flourishing business relations to Iran and the dire necessity for trade sanctions. In addition, we intend to inform the German public about the severe danger which the Iranian nuclear program represents to all of us. Equally important is the exposure of the true nature of the thuggish Iranian theocracy and the very close German-Iranian trade relations, which keep this regime propped up. These clarifications together with the exposure of the real intentions of the Iranian regime will spell out the absolute necessity for strong targeted sanctions.In order to pursue our goals, we need your support! Please make a donation to the Mideast Freedom Forum Berlin e.V. Every donation, small or larger, is of help and of utmost importance. Thank you in advance for your assistance in our endeavor to prevent the Iranian regime from carrying out its genocidal goals.
Mideast Freedom Forum Berlin e.V.
Deutsche Bank Berlin
BLZ: 100 700 24
IBAN: DE75 1007 0024 0766 8866 00
- STOP THE BOMB was involved in the exposure of the scandalous Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) transaction. The Finnish-German joint venture NSN exported surveillance technology to the Iranian regime – the very technology which was used in the crackdown of Iran's democratic protest movement. In this year's January shareholders meeting STOP THE BOMB activists asked Siemens CEO Peter Löscher about this transaction. This question forced Mr. Loescher to confirm the export of surveillance technology by Nokia Siemens Networks.
- The pressure on German export companies and their Iran business is increasing. One method STB has been employing is attending general shareholder meetings of Siemens AG and Linde AG with the purpose of attaining exposure of their trade with Iran.
- STB prevented the Iranian ambassador to Germany to deliver a speech in Leipzig. The Iranian Ambassador is severly implicated in the persecution of Iranian Kurds.
- STB regularly sends letters of protest to the German government.
- STB has made itself known at the German parliament and at rallies at the headquarter of the German-Iranian export lobby, the NUMOV (Nah- und Mittelost Verein)
- STB has given numerous nationwide lectures on the Iranian threat and German-Iranian business ties
- STB has establishing a Europe-wide network with ties to nearly all European countries
- STB supports the Iranian pro-democracy movement with numerous events and rallies
- The internet petition called "STOP THE BOMB - no business with the Iranian regime" has garnered more than 5.000 subscribers by now
- STB regularly publishes articles and op-ed pieces in the national and international media
Our work has been taken note of and is showing results.
However, we are in dire financial circumstances and are dependent on your donation to the Mideast Freedom Forum Berlin e.V.
You can also make your donation via PayPal on our website.
With best wishes
Michael Spaney---------------- Michael Spaney
STOP THE BOMB Campaign
Mideast Freedom Forum Berlin
Phone: +49 (0) 179 - 660 34 32
Mail : email@example.com